Translate

Friday, April 13, 2012

The Giant Who Tinkered


Big news everyone! Tomorrow I'm going into the hospital so they can test medicine on me, although the hospital is not going to be the funnest place in the funnest place in the universe if they find a medicine that works on me, well, I'm going to me so happy, It'll be difficult to express in word's I'll try to keep posting on my blog and trying to keep adding stories each day so keep updated folks. 


The Giant Who Tinkered

The girl made her toys everyday putting their cogs in place, next to their engines and twisting clockwork in just the right ways to make their mechanical hearts beat when she moved the keys into place and the clanking began. Many copied her designs, sometimes she used coal, sometimes oil, whatever made the toys go. The kingdoms asked for toys of war, peace, sometimes things to farm the land, sometimes things to make the land burn. But she didn't care what it was for. She didn't care that the villagers called her a giant freak and chained her to the inside of the cave.

“How goes your projects Miss?” said the tailor who outlived his mandatory stay. Him and his crew were hired by a kingdom to make her dresses a many years ago, but yet he stayed to look after her despite the danger of her hurting him with her massive size or toys. He was the only one who called her Miss, every one called her “Beast” if they if they were one of the villagers or “Mi'lady” if they were trying to buy or sell something from her.

“You've never told me your name Mr. Tailor.”
“John Durala. Now young Miss, those chains have become rusted and weak for a long time, I noticed that a long time ago. I won't live forever, while you giants live much longer than humans, break the chains, and I can show you what I can as a father before I pass along.” he turned and started to walk away from her cave. The girl looked at the parts of all her toys, the gears, arms and legs. She then tugged hard and broke her chains and fell to the ground with a large thump, crushing the parts. When she crawled to her new father there were multiple things making the crawl difficult besides just simple gravity.

No comments:

Post a Comment