Translate

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Today's #Scifi #fantasy short story #TheRealityWarehouse


       As I stated yesterday my friend CJ is coming over today so I wrote a shorter short story early so I could do it in time before he came over.(though based on my time zone, I assume to some of you it could be even be midnight when I post this) I hope you enjoy!

The Reality Warehouse

      I bring good news everyone! Y'know that whole 2012 apocalypse thing that's supposed to kill you all? It's not going to happen! Though its all my fault really and my boss would kill me(metaphorically speaking, he'd fire me, but I need the money to get through college so understand my plight) if he found out so yeah I'm actually kind of sad on my end.
       Here's how it all happened. I'm a god. I work at what's called a “Reality Warehouse” where realities are stored. It looks like your ordinary little warehouse and the realities are stored in these little crystal ball looking things with sticky labels on them. (What, you'd think we would overcomplicate things?)
       See, your reality was on a shelf with a whole bunch of other realities to have apocalypses this year. But I kinda tipped over the shelf. Well, I actually tipped many shelves of apocalypse destined realities. Took me hours to put them all back. Thing was though as frantically as I tried I could not find a place to put yours even though all of them had fit before.
     Since my boss was going to come back to the warehouse in a few minutes I tore off your realities label and relabeled you and put you somewhere else. Sorry, but I don't remember where I put you instead. I think I may have put you in the utopia shelve, it is oddly close to the apocalypse shelf. It really is based on where there was something open. I also don't remember which labeling machine was working, many of them were broken and I was really panicked. I may even have put you in the comic book reality shelf. So if magical meteors start falling from space that start giving people super powers or other strange things its my fault.
     Whoops.

No comments:

Post a Comment