Translate

Monday, June 3, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #FiveStagesOfBoredom

“Is there something on my face?”
Cthulhu* #quote


        Today I looked at the M. C. Escher picture I have hanging in my room. (He's my favorite artist hands down by the way.) I imagined it upside down. It didn't help it look any less weird. Anyway onto the flash fiction!


Five Stages Of Boredom


       One day an unfortunate teenager by the name of Clara found out something about boredom. It could come in five stages. The same five stages as grief could come in. Just as a Elisabeth Kübler-Ross said that grief could come in denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance soon Clara would attest to people that boredom does too. Right as she sat stuck in a school classroom after normal release time because of a violent blizzard outside. Her stages went as follows:
        Denial: I gotta be dreaming, she thought. This can't be happening. I won't be stuck in some classroom all night. Yeah, this is a dream. I'll wake up in a second, it'll be the weekend and I'll be having fun. Nothing this boring could possibly exist in reality. There's nothing to do but stare at a wall...
       Anger: Why!? Why now!? If the blizzard was during the day we would have just been taking care of some school work I'd be doing anyway. If it happened when I was home I could be watching TV. But no, it has to be right when everyone has to be picked up so the roads are closed! Thiiiissss issss sooooo borrrrriiinnnnnngggggggggggg.....
      Bargaining: Maybe I can find a way to stop being bored. Find a kid who snuck in a game. Yeah that's it!
      Depression: Uggghhhh no, that wouldn't work. Aggghhhh soo boringggg I just ugggghhhhhhhhhhhh borrrreeeddddd ugggghhhhhh....
      Acceptence: Well I'll just stare at this wall until the blizzard passes....ughhhhhhhhhhhhh

No comments:

Post a Comment