Translate

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #DealingWithACustomer

“You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.”
Edward Scissorhands*

Today I looked at a cloud, it was shaped like a shape. Anyway onto the flash fiction!

Dealing With A Customer

       “I was here first, all of these dolls should be mine!” The man in the lab coat and deep-green goggles said. His skin color resembled rust and behind him sat a robot with ten mechanical arms, each with a shopping bag in hand.
     A herd of angry parents faced him. One mother said, “That's a load of baloney! We were all here at the same time! We should all get one!”
     “Simpletons!” The man replied with a growl. “I am Doctor Infini-Minds! For my plan to work in budget I need all the sales bargains to myself and my plans are more important the trifles of you lesser folk.”
Veteran employee Mark walked over to the Doctor. Working at the shop for five years while working at college he has dealt with all kinds of problematic people. “Doctor, Sir, at this store we value our customers, you will get only one toy while all the other customers will. It's only fair.” His boss taught him the value of making sure customers keep coming back.
     “You foolish, low-class worker!” The man said. “I need all the dolls for my evil plan! And I'm going to have them!”
      Mark resisted rolling his eyes. “I'm going to have to ask you to leave the store Sir. Your bothering the other customers.”
       Doctor Infini-Mind refused the employee's request with a command. “You'll be the one removed! Go my robot, take care of him!” The many armed machine dropped its shopping bags and went after the employee. The Doctor felt confident but the robot was wrestled, pinned and its armed snapped at its sensitive joints quickly enough.
        Mark looked at the Doctor after piling up the robots parts in one of the shopping bags. “Sir, I've served Black Friday shifts and 'guided' the mobs through the malls. I have no difficulty defending myself against customers. Now, leave the store.”
       Defeated the Doctor left the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment