Translate

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #ADifferentKindOfCustomer

“I forgot.”
Data, Star Trek* #quote


       Today I solved the riddle of the Sphinx. It's a lot easier when you can look it up on the Internet. Anyway onto the flash fiction!



A Different Kind Of Customer


        As a mechanic my life usually involved hard, honest work and no real surprises. Sweaty work with long hours, but it kept food on the table and I knew what I was doing so nothing went wrong. One big surprise came my way. A gun held to my head as a super villain demanded I fix his car.
        A strange machine with parts I didn't recognize. The oddities of the thing along with the minions and thugs of the supervillain made it difficult to work. The villain stood tall in an elaborate costume and around twelve feet tall. The car was massive and meant to specifically fit him. I recognized him from the news. I'd rather not die. I knew I had to fix his car. Could I really call it a car? More like a strange tank thing. All the staff worked on it, though I was selected to lead on the fixing.
       Why was I stuck with this? Perhaps whoever he usually had doing this was unable to. Either way I rushed as fast as I could. Despite the strangeness of the thing a car is a car and my years of experience allowed me to figure it out.
        Over the time I worked on it I realized the reason he brought it into the shop. He could have been on the run and unable to get back to whatever hide out he needed to. I got brave, in other words stupid. I knew heroes or the police would be chasing him. I sabotaged the car so it would break down in around a week. Since the villain was so tall they couldn't simply steal another vehicle.
      I finished my work around a week later Captain Heroics captured the villain in his broken down car.

No comments:

Post a Comment