Translate

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Today's #flashfiction Daypire

“Stop, Hammertime!”
Hephaestus* #quote

        Tomorrow I'm going to a of Japanese cultural festival doohicky thingie with my friend Jessica. Admission is free so I assume that there will be many doo-dads for sale for the festival runners to support themselves with, and hopefully interesting and good food. Anyway onto the flash fiction!


Daypire


          I reversed my curse with great ambition. To be a creature of the night able to roam the daylight and wreak terror as he sees fit. I planned to make every soul fear the name Count Hound by breaking my binds to the shadows. Now though, no one fears me. And I lost the shadows entirely, instead of their just their binds.
           Or maybe they still bound me? I reversed my curse so that moonlight burned me instead of sunlight. I realized soon how much more even a sliver of the moon appeared, sometimes even still as the Sun hung in the sky. And even by moving to places with long days, how much more night there was than day.
        And also how much more power people had in the day. Before long I found myself not as a terror, but on the table in the lab with some military scientists standing over me. Whatever bound my body withstood my vampire strength. All of my attempts to incite terror silenced by their propaganda they worked away at me.
         As I laid on the table listening to the scientists, I thought of how I should have just accepted my life as a terrifying rumor in the night. Safe as superstition. Also to read the fine print of spells. If immortality taught me anything I will get out of this.

        Eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment