Translate

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Today's #flashfiction Argument In The Kitchen

 “Stop and smell the roses.”
The Energizer Bunny* #quote

I remember hearing a saying about glass houses. I can't remember right now, I'm just wondering what the insurance rates are on a glass house. Anyway onto the flash fiction!

Argument In The Kitchen


         “I am the best!” yelled the fork.
         “No, I am the best!” the spoon replied with the same vigor in his voice.
The two utensil's voices possessed the sound of a metal clang making them quite jarring and irritating to all those who could hear.
          “Why, I am better than both of you.” The spork chimed in.
          “No you're not, you try to do what both of us do, but you only do it half as well!” The fork continued yelling despite the fact the spork's voice was lower. He continued to argue with the spoon and soon the spork began to yell too. Together they rose a massive ruckus.

          “Enough!” the knife's voice possessed a power greater than all the other combined. The fork, spoon and spork fell silent and the knife continued in a normal speaking voice. “All of you shut up. I'm trying to sleep.” And so they did, because when a knife tells you to do something, you do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment