Translate

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #DesiringHorrorAgain

“Everything is half off!”
King Solomon* #quote



      Tomorrow I'm helping with a garage sale at my Grandma's. (My life is exceptionally exciting.) I finished submitting a story of mine to my university magazine thing. While looking for stuff to garage sale we found an old, tiny child-sized wooden shield. (Seriously). This old shield was purchased for me at the Renaissance festival years ago, I was like 7. This shield is actually unique from others though, Dad actually without my knowledge borrowed one of my Pokemon books and surprised me with it painted with a Pokemon on it. (One of the cool dragon ones) When I found the shield I was like “Holy crap, we still have this?” I could only hold the shield straps with my hands since it's a kid's shield and won't fit around my arm it's that tiny. The thing is scratched all over. What the heck did I do to it as a kid?
      Anyway onto the flash fiction!



Desiring Horror Again


      Spider's swarmed Darrin's apartment. Thousands of them coming in tossing waves like the sea. Theirs legs jumped up and down off the floor like fingers on piano keys. They crawled over each other as more poured out of the vents and through the windows. Darrin's fear forced him to a shivering stumble instead of a fast run. He managed to avoid them by scrambling from room to room in his apartment as each of them.
      Once he escaped his apartment into the halls of the main building more spiders were pounding out of the other rooms. He soon discovered they were fleeing massive fires flooding from all the other rooms. Rats came out of the rooms too along with a few heavily burnt people. Darrin ran out of the building screaming.
     Then the spiders, rats and fire vanished as Darrin grew sober and the hallucinations ended. His LSD wore off. His heart still raced in fear, but he wanted some more. He was out, but he knew he would have the money soon buy some more from the dealer. Ninety nine percent of his brain didn't want the LSD but one percent of his brain absolutely needed and that was enough, though it would have to wait for his next paycheck.

     Author Comment: Remember kids don't do drugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment