Translate

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #IJustFeelAwfullyDragonToday

“I've got a green thumb.”
Gumby* #quote

         Today I went on a mental tangent and contemplated physics and somesuch, been doing so the past couple of days. Probably because I recently watched that special about the fact that scientists verified the existence of the Higgs boson (it's a particle, that's the thing they've been trying to discover in the particle accelerator all this time. Whacking all those particles together n' stuff. Apparently they thinks it gives stuff mass. Y'know I think if they research it they could really do some nifty stuff. We control electricity, why not mass?). Anyway besides contemplating people possibly controlling mass, I did contemplate how the universe came to be and that maybe “space” isn't really nothing but is actually a thing in a way (Any section of space does have dimensions, can be interacted with and does have definition, though nothing inside of it, it just doesn't have mass or energy, but still exists in time. And if a section has it probably the entire entity shares these properties of being.). So perhaps there is a nothing besides space that is even more nothing than the traditional space we think of. Something without any sort of empty to define it, no dimensions, even time. I'm calling it “null” and I think that's what was there before the universe. (Though that may give it some definition of time but it all depends on how you consider time and the instant the universe was created) and some property of null may have created the universe.
     Eh, sometimes I may think a little too much. Maybe this'll fuel a good story or two, though I find it difficult to see a narrative in these thoughts so that's why I just rambled. Anyway onto the flash fiction!


I Just Feel Awfully Dragon Today


       Tuesday I had quite the fever. My face red and my black hair ragged because I didn't bother to do anything like combing it if I wasn't going outside. Star wizardry student Barry Icespell didn't need to keep up his appearance all the time. The advantage of getting sick was that getting the fever made me not have to impress the teachers for awhile. The disadvantage naturally was that I felt really sick.
      But Wednesday I made an unfortunate discovery. My fever wasn't just a normal fever. It was actually just a symptom of the Dragon Contagion. I thought my luck had turned when I started stopped feeling sick.
But then I started feeling dragon. Scales replacing skin painlessly. It scared me like that. I went to doctors of course, even though I already knew what it was. I could only say I was “feeling dragon” because the changing was painless. It felt very scary that way. Horns coming out along with scales without pain. The rare disease held much infamy and I really had no hope.
      I kept feeling dragon. I never stopped feeling dragon. And I stopped feeling human. At least with in regards to my outward flesh. I wished I could feel sick. But I remained the talk of the town. I could actually thank changelings like werewolves for making sure that “alternate” humans were more accepted. Heard that in areas without those kind of people people who got what I got were quickly burned at the stake or whatever fit that culture's way of disposal. They're not throwing sticks and stones at me, but I still feel dragon each day.
      I think though, I might be able to try to do a decent job of being human though.

No comments:

Post a Comment