Translate

Friday, May 17, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #TheWriterDiety

“Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me?”
Phoenix, X-Men* #quote


       Well CJ should be coming over tomorrow. Maybe we'll travel through time for tons of adventure! I'm tempted to try that whole thing where you go stop yourself from traveling back in time to create a paradox but I promised myself I wouldn't try to make another universe explode this week.




The Writer Deity


        “These stories, they're very disturbing Tom. And pointless. Conflict with no resolution? People make stories about monsters chasing people but this has no point. This is terror with no emotion behind it.” My friend said to me. We both had a lot in common. Same lanky figure, short black hair. Nearly twins besides our eyes, mine blue and his brown. Also a big difference between us was the way we thought.
        “I've written many stories about love and kindness,” I told him. “Did you read those?”
He walked up to me. He held a printed copy of one of my stories, I didn't know which. “And it all feels like a hollow puppet show. But not like you don't know how to write. You know how to write. Like the emotions are paper. Like you don't know what love is. Like you're a robot writing it. One story wouldn't have convinced me. But reading so much....”
       “You think you're some kind of psychologist? You've known me for years! You're calling me crazy?”
       “Yeah, or something. And this is the first time you ever showed your writing to anyone. Let me look at it. And it's just like you're hollow.”
        I laughed. “Look there's an easy explanation for this. You don't need to get all weirded out man. All my characters are just playthings. That's why it feels so fake.”
He looked at me confused. “What does that even mean?”
      “You know, here, in real life, I'm a feeble guy without much to do and not in control. Other writers write to bring spectacular adventures to life or whatever but I'm just writing to get control over something. These little puppet people I've made of words. I'm playing God man. Makes me feel good. Thought you'd be able to understand that and maybe enjoy the story I made along with it. If they feel hollow it's because they were just things for me to control as a God of a little world. The romances were playthings, and the horrors were meant to playing God as well. It's very simple. A harmless way for me to get power.”
    “I think I should go now Tom,” my friend said to me as he dropped my manuscript on the ground and left the room. I laughed. He looked worried and I couldn't quite understand why. I explained everything to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment