Translate

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Altar


Well, today I had an epileptic incident and had to take medicine beyond what I usually do. In the incident my voice became broken, my thoughts slowed and I started to have seizures. To avoid having a big flurry happen(which sometimes happen after these events) I had to take a strong medicine and take a big nap. I hate this medicine as it mentally impairs me for hours after taking it, though after those hours it still slows me down. This is why today's story is being posted so late(around 8:29 where I am) so I could be in a good state of mind while I wrote the story. I'm also annoyed because this incident happened right before my creative writing club, and I was so looking forward to it, though I couldn't risk an even larger incident by leaving the house. And happy anniversary to my parents!

Well, I hope today's story isn't hurt in quality because of my seizure meds.



The Altar

       The altar had a polished marble floor that shone like the moon on a clear winter night. A woman with a dark blue dress nervously entered the room. The dress had a thin hood and swirling patterns sown into it. Diamonds were weaved in at key points in the dress's seams. In her religion the dress could only accompany someone into the greatest of rituals.
        She looked around at the sapphire statues in the altar. Each of the seven statues depicted a different god in their religion. The first statue showed Teul, the goddess of memories and time. The second depicted Urli the god of strength and will, who brought good harvests to those to worked and prayed to him. The third was Rei, the goddess of hope and regret. The fourth was Gii, the goddess of death and forgiveness. The fifth was Euno the god of wisdom and arrogance. The sixth god in the altar was that of family and war, Fui.
        “Teul, Urli,Rei, Gii, Euno and Fui.” the woman said while nervously shaking. “I call your sacred names to call you to my side.” She couldn't see them come to her, but her faith told her that they were there. “I have to ask something of you. My son, he's very ill, and he will die. I beg of you save him.” she knew just asking wasn't enough. Her faith taught her that in order to receive something from the gods a sacrifice was needed. She could think of only one thing that could be used as payment for her son's life. She pulled out a knife from her dress and stabbed it into herself. “I give myself to you.” She collapsed into the ground in a thick pool of blood.
        “Wait! The doctor found a cure!” a man ran into the room to see his wife on the floor. He knelt over her and hugged her. “No, you didn't did you?”
         “The doctor found a cure...” the woman said with a smile on her face. “Then they must have listened to me after all.”

2 comments:

  1. Your medicine did not interfere with your creativity, my dear. As usual, a thought-provoking story. Bravo that you continue to write through such adversity. You are an amazing individual.

    ReplyDelete