Translate

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #AYoungGirlAndHerTimeMachine

I do not like green eggs and ham. I do not like them, Sam-I-am.”
The Iron Chef* #quote


Today I came in like a wrecking ball. Anyway onto the flash fiction!


A Young Girl And Her Time Machine

         Crap. This is the 50th time I used my time machine and I still can't come up with anything good to say. Every time I try to ask my crush out for a date I goof up and I use my time machine to make sure I avoid an embarrassing refusal to whatever stupid thing I said to him. Yeah all my “genius” to make a time machine and I can't even ask a boy out. Good job Amanda. Can make a time machine, but can't date. One time I traveled back a week to try and figure something out and I still couldn't come up with something good.
         You know what screw it! I'll just ask him straight. It doesn't matter if I'm not all the popular and he's the most popular. It doesn't matter if there's probably another popular girl around the corner with something better to say. I won't flinch. I'll take the refusal. I'll use time machine to save him the embarrassment of having been asked out by such a dorky girl as myself but I'll risk the embarrassment for just the slightest change of having a date with him!
       I tried...and he said yes! He likes me! Guess I don't need the time machine anymore! Can't think of much else to use it for anyway. I'm going to be the most popular girl in school. Aha to Diana and her little group who said I could never be popular! I got the most popular boy, so in their face!

No comments:

Post a Comment