Translate

Friday, February 24, 2012

The Artist of Darkness


       Did my teaching internship today so I didn't have a lot of time to work on this story, but I think you'll still like it. Have a nice day everyone!


The Artist of Darkness

       The artist knelt to hide herself from the creature. Her bright blonde hair made her easy to spot so she had to work hard to conceal herself. Though her skinny body did let her squeeze into tighter spaces. She practiced for many years on her techniques of concealment, but even then she hadn't reached perfection. She sketched the creature with haste and precision.
       She called the being a creature because of her interest in them. She couldn't call them what they actually were. She thought the twisted horns, red skin and gnarly tail were beautiful. She could stare for hours at the blue flames coming from the beings body. No matter how twisted they were she called them creatures instead of what they truly were: demons.
      The demon sat like a monk while it ripped to pieces its meal of pork. The demon didn't bother with clean and quick killings. By the demon's very nature it ate and ate without much thought put into its actions despite being as intelligent as a human. The artist worked to capture every aspect of the creature.
      “Class is over.” her art teacher tapped her on her shoulder. The artist put down her pencil and looked at her work, she still saw the demon in the corner of her eyes. “You can finish tomorrow.” the art teacher told her, “How you make such detailed and creative pieces is beyond me. You're so talented.” the art teacher said with pride in her student.

2 comments:

  1. Langdon, I loved this story - in fact - I have read every story you've posted and enjoyed them all. I'm always left wondering what's going to happen, and what would he write next if he continued. They're great, and I read them every morning while having my coffee before I get ready for work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That's very flattering. I'm glad you like my work, and its nice to know that flash fictions go well with coffee too! And I intend to be working on this blog for quite some time, its great practice for my writing, and I always find a wonderful sensation of satisfaction when I create something. That's the awesome thing about writing, the joy of creation. Thanks for your comment! Have a wonderful day.

      Delete