Translate

Monday, February 20, 2012

Story Cube #1

(Note: When I went back to edit the title of the post I noticed this story cube may be broken. If you see a bunch of letters going straight down instead of a grid that is a malfunction and the story cube is not displaying properly.)

Alright, today's story is a strange one, in so far that you have to read the story in a specific way. It is something I call a story cube, which is a bunch of letters mashed together to make a “cube” of words and phrases that the reader pulls sentences out of. This is my first I've every made and I came up with the concept this morning(I wonder if anyone else has?) The example underneath the “cube” will clear everything up. Oh, if your getting my blog through email, the cube may not work, so head to the blog itself if there's a glitch, I've heard that the spacing in my things can get messy through the auto-email function.

Here's the cube.


T
W
O
B
Y
M
U
H
T
H
I
V
U
L
O
V
E
D
E
L
A
G
L
N
I
R
A
M
D
L
S
A
E
L
U
I
A
W
O
K
E
Y
S
S
R
N
E
V
E
R
Y
H
E
Y
F
L
E
M
I
W
E
B
U
I
L
D
P
F
O
R
U
M
B
E
A
T
E
N
U
N
S



And here's an example: If you start from the upper left corner and go down you get “THE MAN” then if you go left from the N in MAN you get NEVER. Then go up from that R at the end of NEVER to get REALLY. Then move from the second L in REALLY to come across LOVED. Then you can find the E in HER at the end of LOVED. Thus you get the sentence: THE MAN NEVER REALLY LOVED HER. There are more combinations I put in there besides the example, some more vague than others and some more flexible(sometimes the words are just next to each other, and not inside each other) see how many combos you can find. I may make bigger cubes in the future with more elaborate tales.

Have fun, and don't worry if there's a letter or two that don't fit into words exactly, make whatever tale comes into your head from the cube, even if its a misspelling!

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard or seen it before. Interesting and fun concept!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I really enjoyed it too. Hard making one though, so it may be awhile until I make one again.

      Delete