Translate

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Today's #flashfiction God Doesn't Play Dice But Faeries Do

“Getting down and dirty”
Mr. Clean* #quote

      I am at the tail-end of this sickness, with at most minor sniffles and uncomfortableness. However I am still “sick” which is unfortunate as I'm still contagious and that means if I'm not completely better I won't go to my social gatherings and such. (Wouldn't want to spread the sickness unless I absolutely have to go to the place.) Anyway onto the flash fiction!

God Doesn't Play Dice But Faeries Do

        “It's all controlled by tiny invisible fairies. They're usually drunk too. The most influential are the gambling addicts that influence our world randomly and bet on the results.” Elite Summoner Jaror told his conclusion to the most disciplined and educated of wizards in the lands. “My years of research communicating to spirits and bridging the gap to the Other World has brought me to this conclusion.”
         Murmurs ran through the crowd.
         “This is ridiculous,” Necromancer Yolanha responded, her eyes angry, “You expect us believe that there is no order behind your magic? Sounds like a convenient excuse to compensate for failed research.”
        Assistants to Jaror entered the room carrying boxes. Jaror then said, “My response is in these boxes. All the documentation of my research. All summoning magic, and many others are influenced by these drunken delinquents. Magic may be able to advance even further if we cure them of their gambling habits. I've already managed to open a line of communication and started to do therapy sessions with several and they've given up throwing their die. That's why the magic is changing in the Goror region.”
        Jaror then addressed a wizard in the back. “Sir where are you going? I am certain in my results!”
        Arch Wizard Einstein looked back to Jaror and smiled, “Oh I do agree Jaror, your research reminded me that I have something to take care of in my home universe. Keep up the good work.”

With the approval of an Arch Wizard Jaror continued his research. He did wonder what the Arch Wizard wanted to do in his home world. Perhaps work on their physics some more? He heard Einstein taught that world much. He also wondered how much he didn't teach them.

No comments:

Post a Comment