Translate

Monday, March 30, 2015

Today's #flashfiction The Used Wand Salesman

“Remember to think of other people's point of views.”
M.C. Escher* #quote



         Today I invited CJ over for the weekend and he could be comin' over but it's not certain. Anyhow onto the flash fiction!

The Used Wand Salesman

         “Now this wand is the one for you. I can tell just by looking at you, you've got taste.” I fed my customer's ego. Part of being a wand salesman was analyzing and psychologically profiling your patrons. Wizards are forced to sign magical contracts with demons and other creatures so they've each developed their own methods of avoiding being persuaded. So naturally a good salesman has to look at each customer and figure out the best way to do it. Then also they need to work a bit at being friendly with the customer before using those specific methods. I did some general showing of goods and allowed the man to mull over things awhile before starting my own pitch. Wizards are used to eager, soul-stealin' demons. Be patient and convince them your on their side.
         The customer looked at me his cheap, brown tipped hat bobbing over as he looked at it on the counter. He wore cheap robes but I noticed expensive magic rings on him. I thought of him as two things: A thief or penny pincher master wizard. Spell components and other things for magic tend to be expensive so experienced wizards tended to run on the cheap.
        I nodded. “Yes, it is very stylish, still fresh with power, and the price point is great for any budget.” I saw the man's eyes light up. I adjusted my expensive hat into a straight position and padded my expensive robes straight. My robes glistened with costly enchantments strewn through their blue fabric. I wanted to subconsciously project some envy onto the customer. He wanted to save gold, but I needed to increase his already present want to be more classy than his already tattered cheap robes.

       “I'll take it,” the customer said to me. Another satisfied customer. Though coming in he may just have wanted something extremely cheap, I made sure he wanted an upgrade in class and strength by the end of his shopping experience. He left happy, his purchase in hand.  

No comments:

Post a Comment