Translate

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Today's #flashfiction A Well Timed Argument

“With great power comes great responsibility.”
Nikola Tesla* #quote



Today I went out to lunch with my family, it was scrumptious. Anyway onto the flash fiction!

A Well Timed Argument

          The clock maker's assistant, Tom, watched his boss and a customer argue over a matter of business.
          “It is a simple matter, pick up your watch tomorrow at eleven in the morning.” The clockmaker said. Tom recognized the same angry tone his boss always took when finding something unreasonable in his eyes.
           The customer replied, “Well how can I pick up my watch when I can't tell what time it is? I have no clocks! That's why I'm having you make one.”
            The clock maker grew frustrated. “That shouldn't be my problem! And I don't loan out merchandise just so you can pick up some later.”
The customer pouted like a child, “I am not waiting around your store.”
“I wouldn't want you lurking around it for hours on end.” The clockmaker hated the idea of someone in his store without any more money to spend.
            Tom gave a suggestion, “Since you'll have the watch done by eleven how about he just comes at twilight? That means you'll know when to get his clock out and he'll know when to come.”

             His boss and the customer nodded. “Makes sense,” said the clockmaker. That would be the sixth argument the clock maker's assistant resolved today between his employer and a customer. He wondered how many it would be tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment