Translate

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Today's #flashfiction The Pawn's Glory

“Burn baby, burn.”
Prometheus* #quote

Over the past few days my family has been gradually working on a Sonic the Hedgehog jigsaw puzzle. It is actually proving more difficult than a normal one since it isn't the standard “box shape” where the corners just be put there and worked inward. It's in the shape of the character and has 200 pieces. We're makin' progress bit by bit. Anyway onto the flash fiction!


The Pawn's Glory

         In some games there are members of the team that are meant to never contribute much. Living the life of a pawn I don't get any glory. The most I've ever done is taken out a bishop once or twice. Me and the other pawns are just walls. I've seen some of the other ones on the board do the same in taking out bigger pieces. One of the black pawns across from me took a queen once. That's the most I've ever seen a pawn do.

        Though one time my team of white and our familiar opposing team was used in a chess tournament held in a clear night sky. Out the window I saw a shooting star. I wished on it that I could have glory of a greater piece, at least once.

No comments:

Post a Comment