Translate

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #AVampireOfADifferentBreed

“Sharing is caring!”
Bernard L. Madoff* #quote


Today I called my friend CJ. Looks like he'll be coming over this weekend and we'll be going to a card game tournament.


A Vampire Of A Different Breed



       “W-who are you?” Tom asked with a face of horror. The new employee of the grocery store was just granted the task of locking up for the night. He assumed he was alone, but he saw a tall man, at least seven feet tall standing before him. Tom wore a little white store uniform and the man wore a massive black cloak. Tom had bright, youthful black skin and the man wore pale, old looking skin like a wrinkled ,loose jacket.
        “I'm merely here to get some food young man.”
        “The store's closed, you have to leave.”
        The tall man looked angrily at Tom and walked over to the fruit and plucked an apple and bit into it, revealing two fangs, fitting of both bat and cobra.
        “Those fangs. No way man, you can't be a vampire...” Tom's girlfriend recently made him watch one of her vampire movies with her. “Naw, I'm just being stupid. Now you have to pay for that, sir. And then leave the store.”
       “I do not need to pay for anything,” the man said. “I am Count Regald!” He then opened up his cloak to show a full fancy suit of eras long gone by. And from his open cloak came a black mist that covered the entire floor and made Tom's feet freeze in place. “And as you guessed, I am a vampire, which is why your mortal money is of no concern to me.”
         Tom shivered. “Are you going to suck my blood?”
         “Oh, no I will not boy.” The vampire laughed while he grabbed an orange and waved it in the boy's face. “I am not that kind of vampire. I am man crossed with a bat, a creature of the night. But I am crossed with a fruit bat.”
         “So you won't hurt me?”
         “Silly little boy. You now know of my existence and you have crossed me. You will still die. And I cannot be seen on these cameras as I cannot be seen in mirrors. If you come back a ghost do tell me what dying was like.”

No comments:

Post a Comment