Translate

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #TheGhostAndHisEviction

"I tawt I taw a puddy tat!"
Alice, Alice in Wonderland* #quote
      Tomorrow is CJ's birthday party so huzzah! I hope I don't forget my giant fighting robot...Anyway onto the flash fiction!


The Ghost And His Eviction

       “I'm being evicted? This is my home!” The ghost yelled.
       A magnificently beautiful angel showed him a pile of papers while her wings tilted along with the wind. Her suit looked fashionable and expensive. “No, it isn't, you haven't lived here for two hundred years.”
     “It's called haunting you idiot! This is my place of haunting! I carry out my spooky ghostly duties here and live, or unlive or whatever as I should! The ghost had a form of a well-muscled, yet old and wrinkled man.
     The angel sighed. “I'm sorry, I'm just doing my job. You're not the first I've told this too. The spirit world has decided that haunting, by its nature, is illegal. A ghost exists in a home that no longer belongs to them without paying rent or holding any sort of ownership of the home. When you die you no longer own property. Ergo you don't own any of this land anymore or building any longer.”
     “Then where am I supposed to go now?” the ghost asked.
     “The spirit world has been building some new housing in a manufactured universe for ghosts.”
The ghost clenched his ethereal fist. “Y'know what? I'm gonna haunt every single spirit that supported that law to make haunting illegal and torment them with my powers until they give in and give me my home back.”
      “Good luck, they are politicians. It'll take a lot to break them down.”
       And so the ghost began his haunting. It took one hundred years of tormenting politicians who had endured curses from spiteful spirits and other nasty magics from angry voters, but eventually he got his house back. A decade later it was demolished by living to make room for a mall. But at least the ghost has more living people to haunt and mess with in his new living space.

No comments:

Post a Comment