Translate

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #ItCameFromTheCloset

“Are you thinking what I'm thinking?”
Plato* #quote


Today I went to my costuming club, tomorrow I'm going to my pokemon card game thing. I came up with a new team idea for the pokemon video game. It'll use the move gravity, which will allow me to use the pun “You don't understand the gravity of the situation.” Hopefully the mind-numbing badness of the pun will distract them. Anyway onto the flash fiction!


It Came From The Closet

         It always happened after bedtime. After Mom tucked me in. The moonlight would disappear off like someone flicked a light switch. The slow creaking of the closet door started next. Two glowing red eyes showed up and I grabbed my blanket tight.
      “Little boy, little boy. It's that time of night again,” a deep voice sang to me. “The time of night when my magic shuts your door and stops all your screams from being heard.” The voice laughed and laughed as the glowing red eyes came closer to me. I saw the outline of hands under the small red glow of the eyes. “Will it be the spiders tonight?”
       It drew closer and closer. And when it came close enough I did something I hadn't done any of the other nights. I pulled out a can of hairspray I stashed under the blanket and sprayed the red eyes.
     “Itburnsitburnsitburnsitburnsitburnsitburnsitburns!” The red lights vanished as the hands covered them. “Mrrrgggh-you-little-son-of-ahh-dear-oh-dear-the-pain!” The closet door slammed shut. “I'm never coming back here again! Ahhh-it-still-burns! Rubbing it only makes it worse!”
      I'm glad I saw that TV show where that person defended themselves against a burglar. It looked like the same method worked. And I didn't even have to use the bat.

No comments:

Post a Comment