Translate

Monday, October 13, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #TheTestamentsOfThePieces

“Eeeny... meeny... miny...mo!”
Sherlock Holmes* #quote

Today I read comics on the Internet and was trying different kinds of exercises. Have to be careful though, too strenous things can make me have more seizures. Anyway onto the flash fiction!

The Testaments of the Pieces

        The Pawn: I often feel the first touch of attention. I often then feel first dismissive thought as an acceptable loss.
        The Knight: I don't feel as noble as the real human ones do. I feel deceptive and sneaky. I break the rules the other pieces must follow as I jump over pieces. I escape situations that other pieces would die in. I feel like I have unfair advantage over my brothers.
        The Bishop: I zig-zag through life, often passing by others as I take pieces. I feel like I'm being judged when I pass by them.
        The Rook: I don't feel much. I go straight. I stop. I go straight again. What more is there to life?
        The Queen: Everyone loves me. I can do what the rook and the bishop can do. I feel like the most valuable piece on the board because I am.
        The King: I feel like a constant burden. The players never defend me because I'm useful. They only defend me because I will make them lose. And when the opponent goes after me it is not because I am a threat, it is because I am vulnerable. I think I'm the most useless piece on the board.

No comments:

Post a Comment