Translate

Monday, October 6, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #TheOldGhost

“His bark is worse than his bite.”
Treebeard, Lord of The Rings* #quote


Why are sunglasses made of suns? Anyway onto the flash fiction!

The Old Ghost

        Hello happily alive dolt. Enjoy it while it lasts. If you're lucky you'll move on and won't become a ghost like me. I'll introduce myself, but I don't really remember. To ghosts the name you had when you were a fleshbag doesn't really matter to much. Being in our state is much easier to deal with by letting go of the old days. Now my fellow undead call me Steam since I look a heavy, thick steam. On days I have nothing too interesting to think about sometimes I wonder if you living folk would see me the same if your mundane eyes could perceive ghosts.
       Ah, the reason I contacted you. Well besides to tell you your lucky to be still breathing I do have another reason. Turn down the noise. All of it. Ghosts get more energy by being around more people but now cities have only gotten more noisy. Going out to the countryside and suffering with less energy for less peace is still noisy.
       We reach an impasse. Ghosts feed of happiness. You used technology to make yourself happy. Make food more plentiful. The noise isn't simply just the grinding of gears or the whirring of a fan. So much art and music. From paintings in art galleries, pounding music in art galleries, to graffiti.
I'm old. I yearn for the day when people were happy just because they had ignorance of other joy. Now I have to deal with your all this noise in your consciousness. The other, younger ghosts are adapting. I'm millions of years old. Go backwards for me. Even the poorer nations in this modern world are starting to know happiness and an expanded consciousness beyond the primal joy of just getting to the next day.
       Though if you must live in a kind of happiness that I cannot feed on, you'd better enjoy it. An understanding of it may determine whether or not you move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment