Translate

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Today's flash fiction: The Other Archeologist

“Don't get smart with me.”
William Stern* #quote


         Today I went to my cosplay club thingie and launched by facebook page so huzzah! I'll be removing the twitter hashtags from the titles of my blog posts so they look right on facebook. I'll try to figure out a good spot for them if I can. Anyway onto the flash fiction!

The Other Archeologist

       The Temple of Danger. As soon as I recover the treasure within I will be known around the world. My days adventuring will have finally paid off. Doe will become a household name. And the girlfriend that I'll totally get after this will ask me again and again, “John could you tell me the story of how you got the treasure again?”
        I used my wits and trusty yo-yo to get past the previous rooms in The Temple of Danger. I stood in the last room with the treasure. No traps in sight, but all the dangerous dangers in the Temple of Danger I already met made me feel that I couldn't simply grab the Golden Chamberpot from the floor and leave. A flick of my wrist flung my yo-yo at the chamberpot and pulled it towards me. I refused to risk entering the room.
        The Temple of Danger shook from the ground up. I saw a mobster had entered the room from another door. I hated mobsters about as much as I hated scorpions. My various adventures brought me face-to-face with the villains of the mobs on several occasions.
       I saw the individual stones of the walls begin to shift out of place. But I still felt there was time. I didn't care about the mobster at this point. I tucked the the Golden Chamberpot under my arm and ran. The Temple of Danger kept collapsing, parts of the ceiling coming down and stones from the wall rolling out like the rotten teeth of diseased man.
       Near the entrance of the temple I ran into the mobster again. The way the temple fell apart must have opened up a path for him to meet me on my way out.
        “The Gold Chamberpot or your life.” He held his gun at me. I knew he'd shoot after I gave it too him, so I threw it at his head and ran. I assumed it either knocked him over or completely out. I didn't look back to check. He didn't come out of the temple with me and the whole building fell behind me.
         A deep sorrow filled my gut, I didn't have the Golden Chamberpot, after all this searching. People wouldn't know my name the world over. But at least I came out of another adventure alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment