Translate

Monday, February 16, 2015

Today's #flashfiction Ancient Age Before Beauty

“Use your indoor voice.”
Gordon Ramsey* #quote

Today the I ate food. I suppose I'm conformist like that. Anyway onto the flash fiction!

Ancient Age Comes Before Beauty

         “We look the same, the jewelry that is our home is the same. Why are the price tags beneath us different?” The young diamond, only a few months old asked the million year old diamond in the other piece of jewelry in the same case.
         The old diamond replied in the tongue of stone, “It is true our bodies are the same. We share the same shining beauty that humans admire. But I have learned something over the many, many years I have lived. Before I became placed in this jewelery the humans traded me. They have strange wants that are very difficult to understand. We are the same yet you were manufactured. I am a creation of nature. So I have an impossible age that cannot be replicated. They desire that.”
         “Age? Why does that matter to them?” The young stone asked, annoyed at his apparent inferiority. Created by humans in a lab, yet viewed as a lesser thing for being the exact same thing?

         “I can only guess young one. I have a few guesses, but maybe in another few million years I will know if I'm right and why.”

No comments:

Post a Comment