Translate

Friday, February 27, 2015

Today's #flashfiction A Buisness Conflict

“Animals are people too.”
Captain Ahab* #quote

Since I am still sick I had to use psychological warfare to battle my evil twin when he attacked me today. It was a narrow victory but I still live. Anyway onto the flash fiction!

A Business Conflict

           Employer and employee conflicts will always happen from time to time. They are a universal truth. They will even happen in the business of those that reside in the sky.
           “When I checked up on you during the eclipse I noticed something quite disturbing,” the Sun bellowed to the Moon across space in the cosmic tongue.
           “Ma'am, whatever could that be?” he almost shook in fear, though he feared the tides would be affected, and influencing those properly fell under his job description as a moon.
            The Sun yelled, “I believe you've been embezzling rays. Your dark side is not a place to try and hide small slices of sunlight. Just because the humans don't notice doesn't mean I won't. Reflect all of my light properly.”
            “That's, no, I've been doing no such thing boss!” The Moon's core churned fast. One activity it could do without affecting it's duties to influence worlds.
            The Sun's celestial voice grew more commanding as she spoke to the Moon, “We stars create you rocks. You carry out your duties. You have a vastly important duty to regulate a planet of life. I could however pull in a new rock to knock you away and replace you. Perhaps my fire would consume you. The life on the planet would be affected, but perhaps the new Moon would be far less irresponsible with the light and reflect back to the planet as directed.”
          The Moon gave in as he saw no point in denying it, “I will never make the mistake again. I will not horde your warmth.”

          The Sun replied, “Good, now follow your phases properly and you can expect good reviews and a long orbit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment