Translate

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Today's #flashfiction #TheCalendarSpirit

“Experience the rainbow, taste the rainbow.”
L. C. Leprechaun* #quote

Tomorrow some new Pokemon cards are coming out and I'm getting some as a belated birthday present. (Since they couldn't be obtained on my birthday.) I'm excited since now they have a new card of my favorite pokemon Probopass. People are surprised when I say my favorite Pokemon is Probopass since it is ugly and dorky looking. However that's why I love it, it's just so lovably hilarious. It's a living Easter Island head made of steel with an even larger nose, a giant mustache, and tiny “mini-noses”(that is what they are actually called) that it controls with its magnetic powers. And usually it has such a lovably happy, blank stare in its eyes I can't help but find it the strangest kind of adorable, awesome, weird. Anyway onto the flash fiction!


The Calendar Spirit

       Spirits dwell in all things. There are Tree Spirits, Cloud Spirits, River Spirits, Mountain Spirits, House Spirits, and so many others. I am one of the lesser known type of spirits, I am a Calendar Spirit. I live within calendars and I embody the very essence of them. I am master of day-to-day planning, important dates, and of course holiday notices.
        On one normally average day I did something quite daring. During my jaunt through a swimsuit calendar, I do love those by the way, I decided to do something mischievous. Using my Calendar magic I erased everything on every calendar in the world at once. It was unheard of for a spirit to do something they were not supposed to. The chaos that ensued after my actions would be talked about for eons in the spirit world.
        The most immediate changes were a total economic collapse. All at once thousands of businessmen were unable to make their meetings. Millions of people failed to come to work at the right time. But my mischief did much more than hurt a few hundred thousand businesses. People died too, doctors failed to give the right medicines, appointments were missed, and life saving surgeries were never performed. The mass confusing caused by a loss of schedule ravaged the world. Spirits are usually quite bored having to just sit inside their homes all day. Doing this was so hilarious, seeing the humans squirm just gave me giggles. That was the greatest Friday night of my life. Of course the best part is the humans didn’t even know it was Friday!

        Of course it wasn’t long before the other spirits caught onto my fun. The Police Badge spirits came knocking on my door. In only a few more moments I stood before the Gavel Spirit. He passed judgment upon me. I would be become an asteroid spirit and be forced to drift the cosmos forever for my crimes. I laughed as they locked me inside the asteroid. Didn’t they think of the fact they just gave me permission to ram myself straight into Earth? Looks like I’ll be having more fun with the humans again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment