Translate

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #JohnTheAdventurer

“Stay in school!”
Peter Pan* #quote

         Today grandmother came over for dinner. It was a joyous occasion filled with joy and some more joy with a little joy sprinkled on top. Anyway onto the flash fiction!


John The Adventurer


        “Okay Evil Overlord Whatever-Your-Name-Is. Your minions are dead. You can either let me kill you easily or we can do this the hard way.” A seventeen year old adventurer said clad in enchanted armor that changed size to fit him and protected him from many forms of harm, magical and physical. It also gave him the strength of a thousand men. Or two thousand. No scale could be made for his strength. The evil overlord couldn't see the features of the adventurer's face behind the mask to see the young man's dismissive expression, but the way the armored teenager casually waved around his massive sword showed it just fine.
       “How dare you address me so casually!?” The evil overlord yelled while clad in his own armor. The hero's was a glowing enchanted silver while the overlord's unenchanted bronze painted black but imbued with evil by the fact every bit of work that went into it was slave labor. “I am Overlord Terror and you will fear me!”
       “And my name is John the Adventurer.”
       “John...?” Overlord Terror started shaking.
       “And you chose the hard way.” John stabbed the evil overlord in the gut to get as instant as a kill as he could. His armor gave him speed so great he crossed the room and stabbed the overlord in only a few seconds become a blur at several instances.
         The evil overlord laughed. “I feel so much pain but the Great John won't be able to kill me so easily. The power that let me gain such a position is that I was cursed to take on a similar body to that of the swamp creatures. I am so hideous that people hate me but it does make me very difficult to kill. With all the regeneration and my lack of normal organs.”
        “Good for you,” John responded while he twisted his sword to make the evil overlord feel more pain.
Overlord Terror shook an winced. “What made it so easy for you to just try and kill me in the first place?”
         John groaned. “Won't die so you're asking questions? You've heard of me right? You were scared when you heard of my name. I 'adventure' around killing villains like you all the time. I'm used to it. The first one was hard. The first overlord that is. The first minion was self defense. I got a long story. First story was revenge and redemption. I got my skills and my armor. Afterward through chance I heard of another land besides my home in trouble. Felt obligated since I could do it. The cycle continued with more lands and more villains to defeat. I saved my homeland when I was twelve. That's how powerful the armor is. And I'm going to keep doing this. I'm so powerful the civilians and soldiers can sleep peacefully in their homes and I can act as pest control. I'm the only one who gets their hands dirty. I clean every land up. It's as easy to kill you as it is to wipe dust off the counter.”
        The evil overlord laughed. “So that's how it is. Wonderful story. But you can't kill me. I told you I'm like the swamp monsters.”
       The adventurer laughed back. “Whatever idiot. I've killed those too. You may not have normal organs but I know how to hack and slash you all up and hit all the tiny brains spread through slime body. I told you. Killing you is just as just as easy as wiping dust off the counter.”
       John then slashed him to bits and rid the land of the terrible evil overlord that had terrorized it for the past decade. Soon he would use some magic spells to travel to another land and save it to repeat the cycle once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment