Translate

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #TheDemonThatMissedChristmas

“Honor thy father and mother.”
Nero* #quote


       Today I finalized CJ coming over for the weekend and when. So huzzah. We may or may not cause a political revolution in a subterranean society of mole people again. Anyway onto the flash fiction!




The Demon That Missed Christmas


       The evil holiday demon Torrath awoke from his slumber with an evil laugh and a proclamation: “I will ruin Christmas!” The laugh echoed through his dank cave lair and the torches across the walls turned from red to blue as his awakened evil filled the room.
       “Um, Sir, I have some bad news.” His minion Carltor said. The minion watched over his master while he slept and was the one who used the torches. His humbled furniture creaked from his master's mere conscious thoughts.
      “What kind of bad news?” The demon asked.
“You know how you told me to never wake you up? Well you overslept and you missed a Christmas. It's September now.”
        The demon roared. “Overslept? I can't oversleep! I never oversleep! It's a requirement for me to live to wreck a holiday! If I don't do it soon I could die! What...what holidays are happening now?”
       “Um, there's Unification Day in Bulgaria. It commemorates the unification of Eastern Rumelia and Bulgaria.”
       The demon groaned. “Alright my usual evils are Christmas based and are designed to battle Santa Claus. I don't know what powers guard Unification Day in Bulgaria. I need to make something symbolic of the holiday in order to get the evil energy that fuels my holiday demon power to live. Hmm...I could lay a curse that will make the Bulgarians more likely to get angry at each other on Unification Day than they normally would on Unification day. I'll make the curse small so whatever spiritual power watches over that holiday doesn't notice me. It'll make me live till this year's Christmas.”
        “Good plan Sir. I'll ready your curse book. You're very clever.”
        “Of course I am. I'm a demon that has survived fighting the goodness and joy power of Santa Claus. I have to be clever.”

No comments:

Post a Comment