Translate

Friday, April 24, 2015

Today's #flashfiction Evil Never Pays

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.”
Rambo* #quote

Tomorrow I'll be heading to one of my collectible card game things. Anyway onto the flash fiction!

Evil Never Pays


         “I'm here to defeat you Doctor Terrors!” run-of-the-mill super hero Empowered Man yelled. Empowered Man had a few super powers along with his super strength and durability, but he didn't have years of experience either. But neither did Doctor Terrors.
          “How'd you get here so quickly!?” Doctor Terrors didn't expect anyone to be able to get through his fortress so soon.
           Empowered Man shrugged and replied, “Your henchmen told me how to get past your traps. None of them stopped me either. One was even kind enough to give me directions to the drinking fountain too. I suppose it'd make sense since they all told me their paychecks bounced.”
          Doctor Terrors pulled out his cellphone and dialed up his accountant and with a professional, but annoyed tone(some villains try to give out a collected vibe to remain intimidating). “A hero here is telling me that all my henchmen have their checks bounced...” Doctor Terrors grew angrier, he fidgeted with the pens in the pocket of his black labcoat. “What do you mean I'm out of money? Yes, you told me I was low on funds, but not that low. The money I robbed from the banks should cover that. What do you mean that isn't nearly enough to cover my henchmen, lair and my evil plan? I blew everything on my device?”
          The lights began to flicker and went out, and next Doctor Terrors's phone died.

          Empowered Man laughed. “Looks like you couldn't pay the power bill either.” He then struck a heroic pose that Doctor Terrors couldn't witness even if he wanted to. “And fortunately for the powers of justice, my powers allow me to see in total darkness.”

No comments:

Post a Comment