Translate

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Today's #flashfiction Mind Surgery

“To be or not to be, that is the question.”
Alex Trebek* #quote


Today I went to my card game thing and much fun was had. Anyway onto the flash fiction!



Mind Surgery

         I've often wondered what human sleep was like. Did humans observe their minds in sleep like we robots do? I know we both work with our memories and minds in a “subconscious state”. But I feel very aware in my sleep as I float like a ghost, limbless, in a white infinity where I see the white replaced with things from my mind as I analyze and record them for permanent memory and reorganization in my mechanical brain. Maybe I've just been trying to find out what human dreams compare to my own.
       A gigantic skateboard appeared below. I loved skateboards. They built me as an advanced model with a body capable of using skateboards and I did all kinds of tricks. I even requested that I have one with my name “Benjamin” put on it along with an edgy design. Something strange then happened. Large latex gloves appeared in my dreams with a scalpel and began to cut up the board. What on Earth did that represent? The gloves dropped the scalpel then sculpted and put together the skateboard into the shape of a surfboard and pulled off the wheels.
       One of my favorite things is surfing. I once even requested that I have one with my name “Benjamin” put on it along with an edgy design. What's with those strange gloves? Oh, they're gone. Human dreams can be strange, robot dreams must be the same too.
       Oh! A vision of my room. My programmers let me keep all sorts of nice things as decorations, they like seeing my tastes as one of the intelligent A.I.s. All my posters and everything I choose to put in there. And I even keep a name tag on the door. “Kyle” posted there right in big font so people can tell me from the other machines. Strange, I thought I saw those strange gloves around here again. Must be a recurring dream thing, I read about those.
      Next I saw my best friend Ashley, a human programmer who spent her time with me. One of the staff of the facility. Yup, Carol spent years of time hanging out with me. The programmers hooked me up to the machine at the end of the night so I could charge up and dream. They always looked over me with a smile and a diagnostic laptop just in case there's something wrong with my memory.

      Gloves? No, I haven't seen anything weird in my dream, just the usual strange white abyss with things from my memories popping up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment