Translate

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Today's #flashfiction Villain's Block

 “We have nothing to fear but fear itself.”
Steven King* #quote

Today I went to my card game thing, and much fun was had. Also beware, sometimes, just sometimes, those shirts in your closet are up to something.

Villain Block

         “Hahahhahahahhahahhahahahahahahahhahahaha!” My evil laughs echoed throughout my evil, evil lair. I then sighed. “I've got nothing.” I admitted to myself. Though I've never written a book I think I can now relate to all those writers in the world. I can't come up with any ideas for an evil plan. I thought the laugh might help, but I still couldn't come up with anything original. No new evil plans.           And no super villain worth a hoot would recycle a plan. Just like an author I must be having that “writer's block”. Hmmm...but this is the version for evil villains. I must name it. I must use all my intelligence as evil genius Dr. Mindblown. I shall call it... “villain block”! Now how shall I conquer this obstacle to world domination? After all, I cannot conquer the world without an evil plan...and this “villain block” is preventing me from doing so.
          Though I do not normally use the technology of the common man I will use it in this case. I will use the commoners Internet. Look up how the common writer deals with “writer's block”. Whatever techniques work against it might work against “villain's block”.
         After looking at several websites it seems that several methods are purposed. Though these seem purposed for novels and stories I may be able to adapt them to evil plans. All revolve around thought processes though. They suggest mapping out characters and plot points on paper. The characters I adapt into my enemies and myself. The plot points I may adapt into possible elements in the flow of events. The characters in a story will the pawns in my schemes and the plot will be my evil plan.

         Before I looked down on all literature as a simple waste of time. Inflated entertainment. But it looks now that their techniques may help me hatch my final schemes to defeat all my enemies and take over the world. I realized that this is not the first time I have had “villain's block” and these techniques to fight “writer's block” may even enhance my schemes. Mwahahahhahaha. I may defeat the superheroes of the world yet and conquer it. All of the world bowing before me thanks to these common fools giving me the secrets of defeating “writer's block”!

No comments:

Post a Comment