Translate

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Today's #flashfiction Triangles Of Hell

“Answer me these questions three...”
Alex Trebek* #quote


Today I stared in the depths of space and found a cookie. Anyway onto the flash fiction!


Triangles Of Hell


         Between each of the Circles of Hell there are many Squares of Hell. And between the Squares of Hell there are the Triangles of Hell. I, Zok The Unimportant, live in one of those Triangles. They've never been bad places to live. Well for us demons, as was the rule for every bit of Hell. Humans resided in the Circles, but other creatures resided in the other shapes of Hell. Between the Triangles lay even more parts of Hell, but I live where the souls of plants are prosecuted for their sins.
        I don't know what happens in the other Circles too much. I think when demons give enough punishment a soul may move on to be altered anew. I wasn't important enough for the head demons to tell me how God, ran the endgame. All I knew was the day to day of my life. I prosecuted the plants for their sins. Right now I watched over a field of roses, or rather their souls. Now they felt more than they did when in their mortal form.
         They told me my job, to trim them with various tools based on the daily orders. After awhile the souls vanished. I didn't quite understand what soul roses could commit. Did pricking a finger count as a sin, even though it merely was self defense?
           One rose didn't have any thorns. With that I couldn't even think of what sin it could commit. I didn't harm it, even though my job told me to. When I finished my rounds my boss appeared, another demon with the same red scales and curly horns that I had, but with a fine suit. He took out a club and hit me across the face. A right he possessed in the Triangles of Hell, or any other part.

          “You missed one,” he told me. He turned around. He did notice that I didn't damage the thornless rose. The club he hit me with shattered bones, but my demonic body recovered quickly and painfully. With a blow that strong I knew he wouldn't check again to see if I got it. From then on I wondered if I did make the right decision in judging the soul myself.   

No comments:

Post a Comment