Translate

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #NoMoreEasterBunny

“Drink responsibly.”
Dionysus* #quote


Today I planned how to work on a costume of mine and father got some of the materials for it. Anyway onto the flash fiction!


  No More Easter Bunny

      “This is impossible!” The Easter Bunny yelled, his pink fur frazzled.
      “I'm sorry,” Santa Claus said, “But Holiday Central told me it's final.” The big red-coated man knelt down to the bunny and hugged him. “Don't be a stranger friend. Still going to see you every week to watch the game together with all the others?”
      “I just can't believe they replaced me with a machine.”
Santa Claus stood up and said to him, “I can't believe it either. I liked it when Holiday Central started to use magical technology to make our lives easier, but then they started to cook up things that began to replace people. I miss my elves.”
        “Where do you think I should go from here?” The Easter Bunny always asked Santa Claus for help, they had been friends for as long as he could remember. Maybe the management at Holiday Central knew that and that's why they chose to let him break the news to the little bunny.
       “I don't know, well, you could go into mascot work or enter Imagination Land and become a cartoon or book character. I know a guy named Peter who did great there.”
       “I think I could try Imagination Land,” the Easter Bunny said as he twitched his nose and his whiskers wiggled.
       Old Saint Nick smiled. “Thatta boy! Keep in mind the future and don't forget how limitless your opportunities are!” On the inside the old man's gut twisted as he feared he would be next.

No comments:

Post a Comment