Translate

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #TheCouchPotatoFarmer

“Credit or Debit?”
Boatman Of The River Styx* #quote


Today I discussed my costume with my father. Tomorrow is my last school club for the semester. Aww...Anyway onto the flash fiction!


The Couch Potato Farmer

         The couch potato is the most curious new development of genetic engineering. Now considered the largest food crop it gets it name not only from the fact it is the size of a couch but also from the fact its growth is accelerated mostly by particular light frequencies. These light frequencies actually match those emitted from televisions and should be varied as the day goes on.
        This task is actually managed by me, a simple man by the name of Andrew, who has now turned watching television into his job. That and watching the readings along with it. I must flip channels based on readings corresponding to the couch potato's growth, looking at hundreds of TVs, hundreds of readings, and hundreds of couch potatoes. I flip channels appropriately. At some points a couch potato may grow best next to a TV show with football on, but in a moment my computer may tell me to change the channel to the weather. It is worth it however for the massive boon the crop gives.
        I may have to switch crops though. I heard about the development of reading carrots.

No comments:

Post a Comment