Translate

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #TheGhostAndHisJunkMail

“It ain't over till it's over.”
Phil Connors, Groundhog Day* #quote

         Today I went to my card game thing. I traded some of my foreign cards that my parents accidently bought me when I was young. Things like “Flegmon”, which in English was Slowpoke. The foreign names tend to be much funnier or cooler as is often the case with foreign words. 

The Ghost And His Junk Mail

        One bright, sunny day Ronald the ghost received junk mail. A coupon for a furniture store. Normally people would toss aside such things immediately or maybe stow them away in some sort of coupon pile. But Ronald had been itching to add some furniture to his ethereal home on The Other Side for quite some time and immediately went off to the store.
        Ronald went to the store and purchased his furniture, an insignificant event from his perspective to be sure. But to the mortals at the store, it gave them many nightmares. The experience of having an otherworldly being shop there bent their fragile living minds. Poor Steve receives therapy to this very day.
        But why would a coupon for a mortal store be mailed to a ghost? The answer may never be known as the postal system works in mysterious ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment