Translate

Sunday, September 7, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #MadScienceMeetsMadMagic

 “Eeeny... meeny... miny...mo!”
Sherlock Holmes*

Hanged out with CJ today. Nothing lit on fire. Seriously I assure you, nothing did! Anyway onto the flash fiction!

Mad Science Meets Mad Magic


         “Mwahahahahahaha!” I laughed my most vile laugh. Well at least the one I had been practicing. Before I killed him my doctor told me I should find ways to relieve my stress. I found laughing those large demented laughs really help. They make the spine tingle joyously too. Mhmmhmhmhmhm...
         And most of the stress I had to release was mostly my anxiety. Truthfully I was a timid man. So many people doubted me and my ability to perform. I usually laugh when I feel uncomfortable about doing things in front of them. And I fail so often. Though most of the people I've already roasted so I don't need to worry about them telling anyone about my failures. I won't need to laugh about that.
         I was however quite anxious at this moment. My robot minion just brought me a reference text book. The text book that would help me complete my ultimate creation. I would never fail again because I would need to do nothing after it. I didn't know what the book was. But after being given an order my robot minion would carry it out. I told him to find something that would tell me how to solve the problem I had and it took two years but the robot returned. I put faith in its super intelligence. (I stole the tech from the military. I laughed a lot during the mission, so very anxious. I failed at hiding so often during the mission I had to silence so many people. I wonder if anybody misses them. Oh, I failed at empathy. Mwahahahahaha! I feel better.)
         “What is this!?” I couldn't believe what I saw. “Mwahahaha!” I had to laugh. The stress was way to much.
         “Exactly what you asked for, Sir.” The robot nodded its metal head. “This book will tell you how finish your machine. It will help you make a power core to make it run.”
         “Mwahahaha! This is a book of magic! I can't use magic. Science is difficult enough! You expect me to work with magic of all things!”
          “Sir, you asked me to look for the way to fix your problem. This is the easiest way. This is the only way.”
          I looked at the book. I'd seen books of magic before. Maybe I'd hire a magician. No. This project is too sensitive. I could see the book was a summoning book. But based on the writing on the cover it was Dark Magic. A Nightmare Book. These kind of books were traps for mortals. Power. The knowledge in them was its own twisted nature. Unlike the magic outside it so other magic teaching wasn't needed or even useful. It was dangerous. But machine could change the world. I had to take the risk. Mwahahahaha. I'm so afraid.
          This book could drive me mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment