Translate

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #WorkingHabits

“Do you know your credit score?”
St. Peter* #quote


        Went to my card game thing. Bro and is wife are actually coming over tomorrow instead of today. That's even better since I get to do both. Anyway onto the flash fiction!



Working Habits

          Machines do their job day in and day out. Over and over. Not a care in the world. I'm blessed to be one of those machines. We process products. Do some duty. Some command. Over and over. I'd love to sing a song to my own gears turning. They give me artificial intelligence, but yet, being a machine, I have not a worry in a world.
           I don't wrap boxes or make toys. I don't put together cars. My repetitive job isn't even in the factory. But it is as loud as one or even louder. Bombs and machine guns can be heard at my workplace. Some of them are also mine. I process people as my product in a manner of speaking. Day in and day out I'll take my orders from management and save or take the lives on the assembly line of the battlefield.
          They call me mechanical soldier. I don't feel like one. The soldiers have worries. I just do my job day in and out without any. I don't even know the reason for the war. Oh, here comes another order, I have to get back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment