Translate

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #TheKingdomsAndTheirNumbers

“Pull my finger.”
Miss Manners*

Hanged with CJ the whole weekend. I kinda did pretty horrid at the Pokemon tournament. Had a lot of fun, but got last place. CJ did much better though. I do also feel inspired to try  even crazier and wackier tactics next time I go to a video game one, though so far it seems my wacky tactics seem to fair better at the card game. (Even then I'm not perfect at that. Maybe my wacky schemes will pay off in both eventually. If I'm going to win I'm going to do it with style.) Anyway onto the flash fiction!

The Kingdoms and Their Numbers


            There were several kingdoms named by the number of their relationships in a great war.
            The first kingdom was conquered by the second kingdom. The second kingdom divided the first kingdom into two, one part to give to its ally the third kingdom. But a revolution came and all the kingdoms came together into one fourth kingdom under a single crown. A fifth kingdom came from the far north and conquered the fourth kingdom making a new sixth kingdom from those two combined. A seventh even larger one came and ate up those two like a cat would eat a mouse. Then an eighth did the same. Then internal revolution inside these lands made ninth, tenth, eleventh and twelfth kingdoms thereafter.
         But after the twelfth kingdom they stopped numbering kingdoms. Because then they had to start numbering the democracies. And many numbered democracies came to be just as many numbered kingdoms came to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment