Translate

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Today's #flashfiction #DoctorWaldonAndDoctorClementine

“Trick or treat.”
Loki* #quote

         Been playing one of the video games I got for Christmas. It's a role playing game(like dungeons and dragons except minus the other people so its got a more set story with more set mechanics so I can't say “I attempt to rob the shop.” or “I charge the dragon like an enraged ape.”) If I make a video game of my own it may be in that genre. Got to practice drawing more and brush up and improve on my programming. Writing code for me is like putting together Legos, doing a math problem and writing a story all at the same time. Anyway onto the flash fiction!

Doctor Waldon And Doctor Clementine

        Doctor Clementine met Doctor Waldon in an old house in the middle of nowhere south of where Elvis lived. Clementine, as well as many other scientists, envied Waldon. Waldon inherited vast amounts of wealth from his family and could research whatever he pleased. No need to chase after grants or bow to the whims of any university, foundation or corporation. He just did whatever he wanted with huge teams or all alone and often irresponsibly flip-flopped between projects, often wasting many hours of research that the talent he employed could have spent creating something great.
       “What did you want me to look at Waldon?” asked Doctor Clementine as he sat down in some creaky old chair in the old house. Few people addressed Doctor Waldon as Doctor out of their annoyance of his waste of science's time. “What couldn't you tell me over email?”
Both of the men had hair as white as the dust in the house and wrinkles as sunken as the floorboards.   Though both around the same retirement worthy age Waldon was far more jaded.
        Waldon pulled up another old chair and sat down while smiling. “You know the only thing I would call you for is work Doctor Clementine. Dear fellow scientist o' mine you've doubted my research like many. Especially my recent jump into the research of ghosts.”
        “Yes. Another pointless endeavor of yours.” Doctor Clementine looked at the door and wondered if he should just walk out and ignore the dumb man. But even though Waldon did waste money most of the time, Clementine thought he could perhaps convince Waldon to put his money somewhere worthwhile after this wild ghost goose chase ended.
        Waldon told Clementine, “Well, I have made a break though. Most ghost hunters go to locations and find the ghosts. I found out that I just have to bring them to me. The method is sacrificial though. I needed to get a soul similar to mine. A scientist's, to bridge the gap. I hope you understand.”
        Doctor Waldon's previous explaination was to justify his next action to try and crush any guilt. He snapped his fingers and a device hidden in the floor activated. The entire old house shook and  Clementine dropped dead. A portal to another world where spirits and other beings resided opened in front of Doctor Waldon as he smiled. Now people would take him and his work seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment