Translate

Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Soceress's Cards


Today we celebrated my bro's 27th birthday, we went to see John Carter(New movie, its pretty good sci-fi fans based on a book published 100 years ago! And one of the first sci-fi adventure books, written by the guy who wrote Tarzan if I recall correctly. Overall a good movie, if you want good eye candy with a decent plot I recommend it.)


The Sorceress's Cards

        The prince gave much gold to gain use of the sorceress's powers. He sat down at a marble table opposite of her. Her visage betrayed her true age. The sorceress was hundreds of years old but through deals with mortals and devils she had kept her youth and looks and gained powers. She dressed herself in magnificent jewelry, no doubt a direct projection of her ego onto her body. All of it pure gold, silver and diamonds.
       “Oh, young prince, you have youth, strength, a vast kingdom, wealth, an intelligent mind. What could you want from me?” she asked him. She had his payment in gold sitting in a pouch on the table.
        “I want to the see the future.” he told her.
        “Well, you could just wait.” she laughed, she had received her payment, so she had all day as far as she was concerned.
        “I want to see what life holds for me.” he told her.
       “Alright, I'll see what the cards have to say.” she pulled out a musty, old deck of cards from a shelf to her left. She shuffled them three times and spread them across the table. Then she three upward. “I think that three is an appropriate amount.” The first had the picture of the grim reaper, the second a picture of a pink heart under a beautiful moon, the third had a picture of him. “I can only tell you possible futures, you see the future depicted on the card. Pick up the reaper and I will tell you when you will die, pick up the heart and I will tell you when you will fall in love, pick up you and I will tell you when you will achieve your greatest accomplishment.”
The prince thought and thought, he then picked up the card with the heart and handed to the witch.
         “You don't fear death, and you don't want to know you greatest accomplishment, what a brave and humble man you are.” she laughed. “You will notice a girl, a simple servant girl you overlooked in your castle time and time again, but this time you'll bump into her, and because of our little talk you'll know she's the one. And if you don't believe me, look into her eyes."

2 comments: