Translate

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Fantastical Deduction

Well, its Saturday and we had Jack in the Box and some homemade spagett-saucian food, grandma came over too so yea! But I had to take a Klonopin, my seizures were up so that's bad. Anyway, I really like today's story. It's not necessarily my best of works, but its different from what I usually write. I hope you enjoy! 


Fantastical Deduction


The detective had his suspects lined up in his mind. He mentally juggled them. All of them had their own motives to kill the wizard. The ghost who had been imprisoned by the wizard had the most obvious motive. But after his prison sentence the ghost had been released, and the ghost had been a model citizen on his parole so he seemed truly reformed. That and he had a rock solid albi. Over twenty people had reported seeing the ghost that night. The corpse of the wizard had been burnt. This implicated the demon and dragon the most, though magic fire was an ability possessed by species of the shadow realms and could be emulated with the proper spells if the beings without magical abilities.

The magic fire had been an obvious frame job, an effort to pin the murder on the wizard's own pet dragon. Recently there had been cases of dragons going mad and attacking their owners, some kind of plague, and the actual murderer tried to blame the murder on this. When the detective had his team run another set of tests on the body and the scene of the crime they found fairy dust that they traced back to an imp named Klilli, one of many imps who dealt in stealing magic and magical items, a robbery gone wrong the imp confessed to the detective.

2 comments:

  1. Loved the detective angle! A wealth of novel ideas here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, thought it would be fun to do this kind of thing, though I don't think I had enough time to do a full fledged mystery story, if I had more space I could have made a better mystery, but maybe in the future. I would love to see this kind of show on TV. Though the magic would have to be very consistent for the audience to play along with the logic. (And I mean beyond stuff like Fringe, like a more light-hearted fantasy detective show)

      Delete