Translate

Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Fear Medicine

Well, I've had today to recover from the meds, and I've only had a few seizures. And since I didn't have any meds in my system I had more time to write this story mentally speaking(as with the meds before I had to wait till late when my body started recovering) I think that having less of the nasty meds in me really helped increase this story's quality. I think this story is much better than what I wrote yesterday.


The Fear Medicine


        “Go around the mirrors Lena.” the doctor said to her while she walked through fire. The fire didn't burn her, just the same as the shards of glass in the air didn't cut her. She followed the directions given to her by the doctor. The doctor became her father after the car accident several years before. The doctor had her go on these walks every Saturday. “Ignore what's after the mirrors Lena. I'm here for you.” After the mirrors several snakes crawled around her feet. She trusted the doctor more than her instincts. So she ignored the snakes and kept walking through the darkness.
         The doctor told her how important it was for her to show results for the general, that if she didn't walk through the darkness then the doctor could lose his job. He told this to all the children, that they need to work hard to show the power of “fear medicine”. The general wanted to make sure that the “fear medicine” was working before it could be used. The doctor rewarded the children who could walk through the darkness the most. Lena was doing fine until spiders started crawling out of her mouth and onto her eyes.
         “Lena, remember, this isn't real. I'm here for you, the fear medicine is here for you.” the doctor reassured her in a concerned, loving tone.
         “But this,” Lena resisted the urge to scream for a moment before yelling at the top of her lungs, “Too scary, please turn it off!” the darkness then vanished and she found herself in the simulator table.
          “It's alright Lena, you tried real hard.” the doctor smiled at her, trying to comfort her. But when she looked at the generals wrinkled, annoyed face, she could tell that she didn't do as well as the other children. She felt ashamed.
         “Send me back in. Give me more of the medicine!” Lena wanted to make up for her past mistake.
          “No more trials today. We can try again tomorrow.” the doctor said with a dreary smile.

1 comment:

  1. You always leave me wanting more...so glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete