Translate

Saturday, June 9, 2012

The Demon's Paintings


        Well then everybody, my best friend's coming to hang out today. A lot of our hanging out actually involves us playing games together and comment on it them mystery science theater style. (Maybe we should start recording it and posting it on the Internet?) People do that a lot now, its called a “Let's play” for the uniformed. We do games mostly with an emphasis on story like them RPGs. Though I like video games I'm pretty bad at them and watching me can be the equivalent of slapstick comedy. I take every death with a good “D'oh!”. I don't really get mad when playing games I can find my own deaths quite amusing actually. (Cept' when I die from a seizure though that hardly happens) One time we were playing a Batman game and a thug actually through a grenade at us and he was several floors below us. It was hysterical. We said he should be in the big leagues. Though usually my friend takes the mantle of player 1. We probably had our most fun with the Phoenix Wright games. Whenever we play text based games my friend does the voices and he's actually really good. (We have been doing this for awhile though, so practice makes perfect I guess!) I've known my friend since the first grade so yeah, he's my best friend over that many years. He's even been around me when my epilepsy was “inactive”.

         When I say “inactive” there were points in my development when I was not having seizures for example throughout high school(or at least most of it, can't remember specifically) I had no seizures then it “resurfaced” around the end, I cannot remember off the top of my head. I've always had epilepsy but there were times where it was “inactive”. During some of my childhood I had seizures. My epilepsy had always been in flux and my parents didn't always know what epilepsy was so some things they can only identify in hindsight. But now it seems it went to its worse when I went into College. Now we've been battling it with these medications(and if you keep up with the blog you've seen how I've improved) and I'm glad to say we've been progressing and I hope we can make it someday that it becomes “inactive” forever.  

Well, that was a pretty long post! Anyway, onto the flash fiction!


The Demon's Paintings



        Everyday the demon painted. His work was some of the most shocking in all the Underworld. Other demons were appalled by his fascination with the strange and deviant subject matter he painted. But what he painted is what made him famous and what made the demons flock to any art shows that displayed his works. There were different artists that painted what he did, but they were only half-hearted, often incomplete attempts as the effort to go see the subject matter first-hand was difficult, an almost impossible task that would often drive demons mad.
        The demon painted humans. He would go to the human world to paint them, which would require him to take human form something maddening in of itself. Then to socially blend in and draw them in their normal states. It was something that the other demons could hardly understand. How could he resist going on any sort of rampage? It was always instinct for demons to kill. And how could the demon possibly see to paint with only two eyes instead of his usual four? He did such quality work with only two! Other demons had gone mad from the loss of some of there senses. Very few demons could understand any of it as every aspect of the human world was strange and maddening from its bright colors to the way the humans acted with their smiles and other expressions.
        But somehow the demon immersed himself and painted that world and brought the madness of the human world to the Underworld. Somehow this demon was able to tolerate the horror and paint it for all to see. Then the more rebellious youth started emulating the madness in the paintings and smiled themselves. When the demon painter began to notice this he himself smiled, as that was the purpose of his painting, to teach the Underworld of humanity's madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment