Translate

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Soul Bouncing


      Well, hung out with my friend today. Had to make this a short story and gotta make this a short post too. I have to get to bed around ten my time. I have to get a certain amount of sleep because of my condition. Too little sleep increases my seizures. So yeah, gotta make this brief, but yeah, hanging with my friend is awesome, maybe I'll recount any funny tales tomorrow. Have fun with the flash fiction!




Soul Bouncing

       Clarice the Wise was a beautiful and kind witch who lived in a humble house deep in the enchanted woods. Many sought her for help and she did the best she could to help, even with greedy requests, as long as they didn't hurt anyone else of course. Her mighty powers allowed her to do amazing things. She ended droughts and cured sickness. When a poor man needed a wedding ring she could grant it. When a girl needed a dress, even just for one night, and couldn't find a fairy godmother, she went to Clarice instead. But one day Clarice got a request she thought she couldn't fulfill.
     “Please save my daughter!” a man begged the witch.
      Clarice broke into a sweat, “I can't.” the old witch said. She hated saying those words to anyone with a kind-hearted request.
        The man began to cry, “Why not? You've cured sickness before!”
       The witch frowned, “But this sickness is caused by a curse. A mighty one I cannot remove.”
         He held his baby daughter in his arms.
          “Surely there must be something you can do?” He pleaded.
         The witch thought. She rummaged through her entire brain of magical knowledge.
        “The only thing I can do,” she sighed, “Is to remove her soul from that body.”
        The man's jaw dropped, “So will you remove a soul from another body to put her in?”
        “No.” the witch said with a sharp tone, something the sweet witch hardly ever used. “I will not remove a soul from a body for her. Instead I will bounce her soul between bodies.”
        “What do you mean?” The man, knowing nothing of magic, was lost.
        “I will have her body 'piggy-pack' on other bodies she so will not have control of them. She cannot stay on one body forever and cannot travel to bodies she's previously been in, each day at sunrise she will enter bodies and leave them at sunset. I don't know where she will end up. She will live other's lives along with them. She may go to different worlds even.” the witch then walked over and grabbed one of her magic mirrors, “You can talk to her with this during the night when she is in limbo between bodies.” the witch then paused, “Are you sure you want me to cast this spell? This will not be a normal life for her. She one day she could be a woman another a woman. She may sometimes not even be human.”
        “Anything to save my daughter's life.” the man said.
And so she cast the spell. And as the witch explained the daughter followed a new body, even latching onto new memories, learning how to talk in only a few days. The daughter also understood the situation of the curse and talking to her father appeared as thoughts in her head. Here are only a few of her days across the land and even other worlds:
         She was once a valiant knight fighting a dragon to tame it.
         She was once a princess falling in love with a prince who loved fairy tales.
         She was once a wizard enjoying his morning newspaper.
         She was once a young superhero who just saved the world.
         She was once a fairy getting in mischief.
         She was once a normal human living among cyborgs.
         She was once a ghost bad at haunting.
         She was once a robot mourning the upcoming death of his creator.
         She was once a dragon stuck in a world of ice.
        And each day she would be asked by her dad what body she was in and recount her tales. They would laugh and comment. Though the girl couldn't quite control her life she still had her father and memories to share with him.

2 comments:

  1. First of all, the soul bouncing concept was genius. I've read stories about a soul inhabiting another's, but the idea to bounce from one soul to another is unique. And then when I read all the souls she inhabited...yes, I recognized that each of them are from one of the stories you have written. Geez, I know moms are supposed to think their sons are genuises, but you truly are!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw shucks! Thanks! XD I first came up with the concept first but then didn't think of using my own stories until later. I picked some of my favorites. I thought that little 4th Wall meta-blog joke would be a lot funnier than just making up some random one sentence characters.

      Delete