Translate

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #CurrencyOfTheGods

“And this little piggy went home.”
Dave Anderson, founder of Famous Dave's BBQ* #quote



       Today I went to another card game thing, but a shorter one, the weekly thing, not a big ol' tournament. Anyway onto the flash fiction!


Currency Of The Gods

        My name's a bit unpronounceable in the languages of the people of the mortal worlds. But a few of the names I go by when I manifest in those realms are Akira, Danny, and Gonzales. You can call me by one of those names. Really, I have names for everywhere, but I don't feel like saying them all.
       I'm a merchant of sorts. A merchant for the gods. And I'd like to make a deal with you. Now, I don't care about your money or any of your possessions like your car or house or TV or whatever you have. We gods can conjure up that kind of stuff anytime we please. Beings like us have a different currency.
        You know all those ideas, emotions and other thoughts that swirl around in your mind. And the life you experience? That's what I'm interested in. The things we gods can't conjure are those instances of the soul. We watch mortals from our realms and follow their lives and bond to their minds to experience as they do. Entertainment in its finest form. Like a movie but better.
        So live a life worth following and I'll offer you a wonderful deal. Free luck and blessings from the gods! Your chances of winning that next raffle will skyrocket! Just fill your mind with happiness, joy, passion, ideas, and live life with a vigor and we'll follow you like one of those social networking sites. Really, after all the eternities of living, we offer bargains like this for you with ease. Keep on living human.

      P.S. The gods take no legal responsibility for the results of your rewarded luck and would remind you that supernatural occurrence of their monitoring and rewarding fall outside of mortal law so no lawsuits may be brought upon the gods or any related parties, be they immortal or mortal.

No comments:

Post a Comment