Translate

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #HughAndHisPower

“Healthy body, healthy mind.”
Garfield* #quote

Today I invited CJ over for the weekend. Anyway onto the flash fiction!

Hugh And His Power

         A special power passed through the generations of eight-year-old Hugh's family. The ability to speak with animals. Over the years his family used this power for good, profit, or many other things. Hugh hadn't quite reached adulthood yet so the way that he would choose to use his power in the interests of himself and the world wouldn't become apparent for a long time. But for now he did come up for some use. He thought the animals could answer a question that had bothered him for months.
       “Mr. Armadillo, how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Candy-Pop?”
        Mr. Armadillo looked at him. “How should I know? I don't like Candy-Pops?”
       “Mr. Eagle, how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Candy-Pop?”
       “Why sorry Hugh, I always bite mine before I lick it all the way down.”
       “Mr. Grizzly Bear, how many licks does it take to get to the center of a Candy-Pop?”
        Mr. Grizzly Bear hadn't had a good meal in a while, and the question reminded him of that. His teeth poked out like saws and his claws spread like knives. He made his way straight over to Hugh.
       “Foolish boy...” he growled, “Ignorant boy...” he snarled, “Such a question is not so easy! You bring such a brainteaser to me, lover of mathematics, while I still hunger? The answer lies within the size of the Candy-Pop, the size of the eater's tongue, their, body conditions, the weather conditions, and so much more...I will have to work out many equations while I forage for berries. But I will solve your problem, as is the duty of any mathematician.”

No comments:

Post a Comment