Translate

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Today's #flashfiction #TheChildrenWithinTheDream

“Don't put all your eggs in one basket!”
The Easter Bunny* #quote


        Tomorrow CJ should be coming over, and he'll be staying until a card game tournament we'll be going to on Saturday. Maybe we'll face each other maybe we won't, we'll see how the pairings go. Also, regarding the card game I managed to make a digital copy of my deck on online Pokemon trading card game and I'm winning a lot with it, so I'm feeling pretty confident.

      Also today's story is about myself, and is both a flash non-fiction, but also a flash fiction, if you consider it fiction for being from the world of my dreams.

The Children Within The Dream

       In the waking world I've worked with kids during my internship to become a teacher. And in a dream I did it again. These students weren't science students like the ones in real life, at least from the project I was helping them on.
       In the room my subconscious conjured up the students sat around a table working on a comic books for some project. I walked around like the room like I did in real life and helped the students. The students were happy, kind and worked away as I assisted. I can't remember the specifics of the comic book project, I remember something about them writing in a foreign language, which I don't speak any...so my brain must have convinced myself I could speak and help them anyway.
        Things did not always stay so cheery. As it often does I became aware I was in a dream. I believe it happens because of my medication. And after I learn I am dreaming, waking up would sometimes follow afterward.
        The reason this did not make me happy to know I was with these children in reality is that I knew they didn't exist. I knew they weren't real. I knew it would end and they would vanish forever. And I grew attached. I didn't want them to fade away.
        But in a few moments the dream started to do just that. I've actually attempted many times to stay asleep and in a good, lucid dream a few times. Often though, it doesn't work. And here the dream around me dissolved into a sort of blur. I saw the children dissolving into non-existence as I knew they would.
       I woke up and I knew I would never see the little dream kids again. I watched imaginary people die, that I knew I would die, and did try to stop it. Even though they didn't exist it made me sad. And recounting this to you made me actually miss them. Overall the dreams caused by my medication are wonderful adventures often, or experiences that I could never fathom in reality. But there are these moments, and these children are the only people I've seen vanish before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment