Translate

Friday, January 31, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #PlanetaryAlarmClocks

“I'd like to thank all the little people.”
Snow White* #quote


Today I ate food. Anyway onto the flash fiction!


Planetary Alarm Clocks

       Beings of bizarre origin and form live sealed away in the Earth. They emerge when the planets align. But it doesn't have to be all the planets at once. A mere two planets may align and they may awaken. It happens quite often. The beings sealed in the Earth did it themselves. They are powerful beings holding enhanced senses not only covering our own but beyond. It made it exceptionally difficult to sleep. So long ago they made planetary magic aligning with the Sun and sealing themselves magically in a pocket dimension as a sort of alarm clock. Pocket dimensions are sort of like building a house between two apartments but the apartments are still wall to wall....and well, um, y'know its kinda hard to explain to beings with a single brain.
       Yeah, I'm actually one of the beings that lived in the sealed Earth. Though now I'm out. Thought explaining it without saying I'm one of them at the start would be easier. The thing is you humans have erred, destroyed the order of things. Our “alarm clocks” were working fine and we were getting all the sleep we need. But then you started doing experiments with nuclear stuff messing with our seals and then you started doing space exploration and putting satellites in the sky messing it all up. I woke up early. Along with myself, other beings of the sealed Earth will rise up and destroy you if you do not stop with your technological advancement and disruption of our dedicated sleep schedule.
     Hmm? One moment, I'm getting a psychic message from another being of the sealed Earth. He requests I see some of your technology. One moment...
      …
      …
     After experiencing “video streaming” and other forms of your technology I have decided that I will spare you. The other beings have agreed on this as well. Now if you'll excuse me my friends and I are going to watch your sports programs of football and then videos of kittens playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment