Translate

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Today's #flashfiction #TheGreatTower

“We did a bang-up job.”
The Three Stooges* #quote


Today I mastered Kung-Fu but then forgot it as I watched mindless television. Anyway onto the flash fiction!


The Great Tower

        Awesome Tower will soon reach the skies! Those building blocks my parents got me for my birthday won't go to waste. And the ones for Christmas, and the ones from before. Gosh, I have a lot of blocks.
I made the green floors the bottom ones like I planned. And I gave them a zig-zag staircase cuz it's cool. I borrowed Mom's ruler to know how big the tower was, the green floors turned out to be two feet.
Next I made orange and red floors. I gave them more columns than they needed to have to hold everything else up. Like if it was the bars on a bad guy cell or something. One and a half feet.
       Two feet of blue and white floors. I stood on my bed to make these. They needed lots of support now. Daddy's neat building design books taught me how to do this. He's an architect! It's a hard word to say.
I borrowed the large step ladder from Daddy for the last part. I'll tell him I borrowed it later. I built another three feet of tower very, very carefully to the top of my room. I made it a pyramid out of many colors of blocks like a rainbow. My super, building project, just like Daddy's work turned out great. Awesome Tower is so cooool!
     When he got home from work I showed Daddy, he stood there silent with a odd look on his face. I guess I never built anything this big out of blocks and showed him before. “It's incredible.”
Since we were far away enough I took my soccer ball and threw it at the center of the tower and it fell to pieces on the floor.
       He turned to me in shock and yelled, “Why did you do that!?”
       I looked at him confused. “I do this with all my buildings. That must be why you don't see them. Want to help me build the next one? Since you make buildings for work you should be really good at it!”

No comments:

Post a Comment